Is this a Waste Land? is available for touring from May 2017.
Overview of practical details:
- Running Time: 90 mins
- Max audience per performance: 80
- People on the road: 10 – 11
- Max number of performances per day: 1
- Timing of performances: dusk
- Age Guidance 12+ (not suitable for under 8s)
Performance Site: Is this a Waste Land? (ITAWL) can be programmed on two kinds of sites: either a large urban ‘wasteland’ empty plot of land OR a recently cleared area of forest. Size is flexible, but very roughly the size of a football pitch or larger is good!
Get in: 2 days
Get out: 1 day
We can offer related workshops/intensives/public talks or discussions directly linked to the performances in order to build audiences and interest.
Due to the bespoke nature of Is this a Waste Land? the cost of programming the work depends on the length of programming run and the complexity of finding a suitable site. We advise a minimum of 3 days of performances. For a detailed break down of costs and company availability please get in touch with us ⟶
- sound set-up – head-sets and sound devices
- facilitation of all performances
- all materials for performances
- protective gloves for all audience members
- Free programme notes for all audience members (if desired)
Venue to provide:
- suitable site for the work agreed by all parties
- arrange permission with the landowner to use the site and access for rehearsals
- staff ticket collection
- co-ordinate with the company to provide a secure container for storage of materials, sound equipment and bag storage during the performance.
- staffing to cover meeting point and security if necessary (depending on location)
- light refreshments for audience at the end of the performance
If you’d like to discuss programming Is this a Waste Land? PLEASE GET IN TOUCH ⟶
Full marketing support packs are available on request.